Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Perfect Christmas Ornament!


How can you beat a turducken ornament! I forget sometimes that not everyone knows about weird Louisiana things. A turducken is a holiday (Cajun maybe?) treat. It is basically a a turkey stuffed with a duck that is stuffed with a chicken. The order gives you the name tur (turkey) duck (duck) en (chicken). We had one at our office holiday party a few years ago. The folks responsible for it went to riduculous lengths to get an authentic turducken. I was slightly unimpressed. It was the first time I could remember eating duck and it was not my favorite fowl. There is also some type of stuffing between each bird. We had broccoli and cheese or something similar to that to meet the dietary needs of another person in the office. I don't know if it made it better or worse since that is the only kind I have had.

No comments: